Maximum 12 Travellers. Minimum 10 travellers
Outward journey: London – Kochi via Dubai – approx 15 hours, including a 2.5 hour lay-over in Dubai airport.
Return journey: Bengalaru – London – approx. 11 hours. British Airways direct flight. Bengalaru – London via Dubai with Emirates – 15 hours
Air conditioned Tempo Traveller extended minibus. Longest journey time approximately 5 – 6 hours.
British tour leader and English speaking local guides throughout the tour.
Breakfast throughout the tour.
Lunch included on days 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18 and 19.
Dinner included on days 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17, 18 and 19.
PRICES PER PERSON (Excluding Flights)
£2,990 per person based on 2 PEOPLE sharing a room. This price is exclusive of flights.
A deposit of £299.00 will secure your place on this trip. This deposit is payable at the time of booking.
Enjoy two discounts off your trip!
– 5% Discount if you book within 3 weeks of the tour going on sale.
– 5% Discount if you book with a friend.
See the booking form to enter discounts.
5% of your holiday price and a percentage of any profits from this tour will contribute directly to supporting promotion and development for the artisans we visit on our tour.
SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT
£800.00. Travelling Solo & Single Supplements: Our prices are typically based on twin-share accommodation but single supplements are not compulsory for any Textile Travels tour. If you prefer not to pay a single supplement we’ll pair you with someone else of the same sex for you to share with throughout the tour.
- All accommodation and meals as set out in the Meal Plan above.
- All transport including all Airport Transfers to the hotel on arrival in Kochi if required, and from the hotel in Bangalore to Bengalaru International Airport if required at the end of the tour.
- Dedicated driver to accompany the tour throughout
- The services of English speaking local guide/ interpreter in each state visited.
- The services of a knowledgeable British tour leader.
- All activities as set out in the itinerary, not listed as ‘optional’.
- Three hands on workshops as set out in the itinerary.
- All filtered and bottled drinking water on the tour.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- International flights, Visa’s and airport taxes.
- Any excursions stated as ‘optional’ in the itinerary.
- Any Ayurvedic treatments and massages booked whilst on the tour.
- Any meals not specified in the Meal Plan above.
- Personal spending money throughout the tour.
IS THIS TOUR FOR ME?
This tour is for you if:
- You have an adventurous spirit and you love textiles.
- You want to learn more about handloom weaving, natural dyeing, batik, block printing and hand spinning
- You would like to help support the skilled, local artisans struggling to make a living from these traditional crafts.
- You’re happy to go off the regular tourist trails and spend time among local people.
- You’re happy to eat simple traditional Indian food.
- You’re OK with not having a glass of wine with dinner in the evening, although a beer is often possible!
- You have good mobility, can climb uneven steps and are happy to walk on unpaved roads, paths and tracks at times.
- You are happy being part of a group and travelling in an air-conditioned mini-bus with three journeys of 5-6 hours, with breaks of course!
- You love shopping for fabrics!